In order to display a Twitter Embedded Timeline feed please do the following:
1) Login to your Twitter account
2) Search for the Twitter feed you want to display
3) Click on the 3 vertical dots to open the hidden menu > click on Embed this profile
4) Click on Embedded Timeline
5) Click on Copy Code
6) Make a copy of the provided HTML file and rename it to something else (like Arsenal_Twitter.html as per the below example)
7) Open the newly renamed HTML file and paste the copied code from Step 5 between <div id="vertical-scroll">...</div>
8) Add the http: prefix to //platform.twitter.com/widgets.js so the full URL becomes > http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js then save your changes.
9) Add the HTML site (the newly modified page with the CSS folder) to your BrightAuthor presentation via File > Presentation Properties > HTML Sites > Add HTML site > Browse to the location of the modified HTML file on your PC HDD > Click OK
10) Add an HTML state to your BrightAuthor playlist and make sure to enable "Enable External data"
11) Add a timeout transition event to that HTML state in order to refresh that feed at the desired time interval
12) Publish your presentation
Both HTML/CSS and a BA demo example are attached this article.
This works great. Any idea how to tweak the HTML file so that it loops through a certain number of tweets? Otherwise, the screen just shows the most recent tweet from the account.
I agree. This works great however, it remains paused on the latest tweet. Any ability to have this scroll through a series of tweets?
I followed all the instructions and it is not working. All it shows is the name of the feed and the content doesn't populate. Is there something I am missing?
Followed this tutorial and it does not seem to work. My HTML and CSS are correct, since it works fine in my browser window. This is what my end product looked like...Logo blurred out for confidentiality...Please make an update to this blog post or a new blog post on how to include a live scrolling twitter feed on a display...
Has anyone been able to get the feed to scroll? I can get it to display but only shows latest post.
I have not.
Hi, this was previously working with my XD1032 (firmware 7.1.113). But since yesterday it is not working anymore without any modification on my side.
Looking in Twtter dev forum I found this : https://twittercommunity.com/t/twitter-timeline-embed-not-working/183758
and this :
Seems to be a general problem on twitter embedded timeline. Hope this is going to be solved fast by twitter or maybe you can find some way to solve this from the player ?
Twitter has corrected the problem, now it is working when opened from a browser.
But it still doesn't work on my brightsign.
When looking at the log I get :
I tried to include the html page directly inside the program and hosted on a website with the same error.
Any idea ?
I determined that I had to go to publish.twitter.com to copy the embedded timeline. However, after I go through the rest of the steps my Twitter feed is still showing as blank on the BrightSign unit.
Are there any further recommended troubleshooting tips?
I was able to get this to mostly work with a couple issues:
Some images stay very blurry.
Every time it refreshes it just shows a black screen with a link in the top left saying Tweets by ___ then doesn't load the twitter feed for about 10 seconds.