New users should set up their players in BrightAuthor:connected instead of BrightAuthor. For information about how to set up a player in BrightAuthor:connected, see BrightSign Player Quickstart.
To set up a player with BrightAuthor:
- Go to Tools -> Setup BrightSign Unit and enter the desired settings (see the player setup information in the BrightAuthor guide).
- Select Create Setup Files and save to a blank SD card.
- Disconnect the player from power
- Insert the SD card with the setup files into the player. The SD card must remain in the player.
- Reconnect the power and the player will run the setup files from the SD card. Once the setup is complete, you can publish your presentations to the player.