Last Updated: October 20, 2016
This problem is normally caused by an incompatible video signal or a problem with the content.
First, verify whether the issue is with the resolution of the BrightAuthor:connected or BrightAuthor presentation:
- If you are connected using VGA, verify that the presentation is not using an HDMI-only resolution like 1920x1080.
- If you are using HDMI/Component for output, please verify that your display is set to the correct input.
- If the presentation is currently set for 1080p output, try different 1920x1080 settings (e.g. 1080p30), as well as 720p.
- If your presentation is set to 1080 at 29.97p, this mode might not be supported by your display even if it supports 1080p.
- If you are using the VGA, try using 1024x768 first, then try other VGA resolutions.
If you still can't get the presentation to display, test whether the issue is with the video/image files in the presentation.
- Download sample content that is known to work with BrightSign players. Transfer the files to the root folder of an SD/microSD card (without any other presentation or content files), insert the card into the player, and reboot the player.
- Look at the side of the BrightSign player to see if any red/yellow LEDs are blinking. If so, see this FAQ to determine what the problem is.