Last Updated: June 7, 2016
There is currently a known bug that affects the upload/transfer of content to the BrightSign player while publishing a presentation via Local File networking. This issue seems to affect some users that have enabled Authentication by entering a password for the Local Web Server (via the User name and Password options in Tools > Setup BrightSign Unit > Unit Configuration).
If you have enabled Authentication for the Local Web Server when setting up the player, follow the below steps to resolve this issue.
1) Clear the player registry using the steps described in this FAQ.
2) Close BrightAuthor.
3)Find and delete the BrightSignUnits.xml file for the version of BrightAuthor you're currently using. The path should be similar to the following:
4) Open BrightAuthor.
5) Go to Tools > Setup BrightSign Unit to create a new setup card without a password for the Diagnostic Web Server or Local Web Server.
6) Insert the new setup card into the player.
7) Connect the power cable (or Ethernet cable if using PoE).
8) In BrightAuthor go to the Publish tab, Select New Unit, click the "+" icon to add the new unit IP address, and click OK.
Note: If you don't know the IP address of your player, see this FAQ for help.