The following image types are supported on BrightSign players:
- BMP: 8, 16, 24, and 32 bit
- PNG: 8, 16, and 24 bit
- JPEG (note that JPEG files that use the CMYK, grayscale, or black & white color spaces are not supported)
BrightAuthor and BrightAuthor:connected will resize large images unless Full-Resolution Graphics is enabled in presentation properties.
XC5, XT5, XT4, and XT3
The maximum supported image resolution is 4096x2160x32bpp (bits per pixel*).
LS425 and LS423
Any 1200x1920 and 1920x1200 images will be rescaled when imported on these players (but can be imported without rescaling on the LS424).
Models that are not otherwise specified here support images up to 2048x1280x32bpp
- BMP - 8, 24, and 32 bit
- The maximum image resolution supported is 1280x720
- BMP: 8, 24, and 32 bit
- PNG and JPEG formats (progressive jpegs not supported)
- Maximum image resolution supported is 1920x1080
*16.7 million colors or “True Color” is achieved at 24 bits per pixel (8 bits = 1 byte for each of Red, Green, Blue). The additional 8 bits in 32 bits per pixel images allows for alpha/transparency.