Last Updated: September 16, 2014
1. Create a Fullscreen presentation.
2. Select the Edit tab and click Layout.
3. Add an Audio Only zone. Resize the zone and rename it “EventHandler”
4. Select Playlist under the Edit tab.
5. Select the "EventHandler" zone via the Zone drop-down menu or by clicking on it from the layout representation (it should be displayed as number 2).
6. Switch the playlist type for the "Eventhandler" zone to interactive.
7. Under Media Library, click on the other tab and drag and drop the Event Handler state to the playlist area.
8. Click the events tab under Media Library.
9. Drag and drop the UDP Input event onto the Event Handler state in the playlist area.
10. Enter the UDP input that the BrightSign player will be listening for (i.e. “AMX_Command1).
11. Navigate to the Advanced tab and click the Add Command button.
12.Select the type of serial command that you would like to send when the player receives the specified UDP input message ("Serial-send string with EOL", "Serial-send string without EOL", or "Serial send byte"). Enter the serial command string/value. Click OK when finished.
13. Configure the serial port setting by navigating to File > Presentation Properties > Interactive > Serial. Make sure that the serial settings from this panel match the serial settings of the device you would like to communicate with (Baud rate, Data bits, Parity, Stop bits, Protocol, Send EOL, Receive EOL). The DB9/3.5mm serial connector on the player is referred to as "Port 0".
Note: The DE-9 (more commonly referred to as DB-9) serial port is fully RS-232 compatible, but the 3.5mm serial port can only interoperate with some RS-232 compatible devices. It can receive from any RS-232 device, but transmission may not work depending on the electrical characteristics of the device.
14. Enter the UDP Destination Port and UDP Receiver Port to the same value as on your AMX controller (or other UDP application). Please note that both the UDP Destination Port and UDP Receiver Port should be set to the same value.