Last Updated: July 8, 2023
Apple Bonjour Print Services for Windows is a useful tool that enables BrightAuthor to automatically detect networked players configured for Local File Networking. With Bonjour installed, you won't need to manually locate and enter the IP address of each player in BrightAuthor.
To install and enable Bonjour in BrightAuthor, follow the appropriate instructions based on the version you are using:
For BrightAuthor Versions 3.8.0.x and Later:
- Close BrightAuthor.
- Download iTunes for Windows from one of the following links based on your system architecture:
- Unzip the downloaded installer using a program like 7-Zip, which you can download from https://www.7-zip.org/download.html.
- In the unzipped folder, you will find the Bonjour installer file named "Bonjour64.msi" for 64-bit systems or "Bonjour32.msi" for 32-bit systems. Run the appropriate installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- After installation, reboot your Windows computer.
- Ensure that the Bonjour service has started by clicking the Start button, typing "Services" in the search field, opening the Services app, and locating the Bonjour service. Make sure it is running.
- Launch BrightAuthor.
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Networking and check the Enable Bonjour box.
For BrightAuthor Versions 3.7.0.x and Earlier: We recommend using Bonjour version 2.0.2 for BrightAuthor versions prior to 3.8. You can install this version using a standalone installer, which is available for download: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL999.
By following these steps, you can install and enable Bonjour in BrightAuthor, allowing for automatic detection of networked players configured for Local File Networking.