The View mode option in BrightAuthor:connected and BrightAuthor allows you to determine how videos will be scaled to fit in a Video Only or Video or Images zone. It is important to remember that the View mode option has no effect if the video and the zone are the same size.
- Scale to Fill: Scales the video to fill the zone without maintaining the aspect ratio. The video may appear stretched.
- Letterboxed and Centered: Centers the video and adds black borders on the top and bottom. The aspect ratio is maintained.
- Fill Screen and Centered: Centers the video and fills the zone. The aspect ratio is maintained, so the video may be cropped if required.
Note: The Scale to Fill and Fill Screen and Centered options will not remove letterboxing if it's part of the video file.
Note how Scale to Fill ensures there is no blank space in the zone at the risk of distorting the video, while Fill Screen and Centered ensures there is no blank space at the risk of cutting off the sides of the video.
In Regular BrightWall presentations, the View mode option applies to videos on individual screens the same as described above. In Stretched presentations, the View mode option applies to the entire wall. The following descriptions apply to Stretched presentations only:
- Scale to Fill: The video will be stretched over all screens in the video wall. If the aspect ratio of the video wall does not match the ratio of the video content, the video will likely appear stretched or distorted.
- Letterboxed and Centered: The video will not be stretched. Instead, it will appear at the center of the video wall at its original resolution, which may cover one or multiple screens. Areas of the video wall that are not filled by the video will display the background color of the presentation.
- Fill Screen and Centered: The video will be stretched to fit the height or width of the video wall (whichever length is lesser). If the aspect ratio of the video wall does not match the ratio of the video content, the video will be cropped.