Watch This Video with Step-By-Step directions for OS/firmware updates.
1. Power down your BrightSign player.
2. Depending on the model of your BrightSign player, copy the appropriate .bsfw file (firmware file) onto the root directory of an SD card or USB stick. Ensure there are no other files with the .bsfw extension on it.
3. Insert the SD card or USB stick into the player. Apply power.
4. The player will automatically upgrade itself, remove the file from the SD card, and reboot into the new OS/firmware version. Other content or playlists may be present on the SD card at the same time as the update:
- You can include an update when you set up a unit using BrightAuthor:connected or BrightAuthor.
- You can include an update when you publish a schedule.
- You can copy an OS/firmware file directly to the root of the player SD card using the Diagnostic Web server and then restart the player.
Note: You cannot update the firmware successfully using locked media or NTFS-formatted storage.
HD110, HD210, HD410, HD810 and HD1010:
To update the firmware one of these legacy players, copy the update.rok firmware file onto an SD card (manually or using BrightAuthor) and power up or restart the BrightSign with that card. The player will automatically install the firmware and restart when complete. Other content or playlists may be present on the flash card at the same time as the firmware update.
- You can include a firmware update when you setup a unit using BrightAuthor.
- You can include a firmware update when you publish a schedule.
- You can copy a firmware file directly to the root of the BrightSign's SD card using the Diagnostic Web server and then restart the player.
where can download the firmware file....... .bsfw file
You can download the firmware from the Software Downloads page.
You can include a firmware update when you publish a schedule.
Ok, but what if I just want to update a playlist and also want to update the firmware at the same time when I upload the new files to the server using simple networking. Do I just have to add the firmware file out onto the server directory or do I need to add some code to the current-sync file?
If you're using simple networking, you can attach it to the publish. When you hit publish, under specify firmware update, you would including the firmware. You don't manually edit any files.
I am using brightsign HD210 mounted behind a glass wall, and I can't reach for the sd card. I don't know why, the player is asking after 4 years of continual play, for an update. Is there any other option to skip the update ? All the players are set up in simple file networking. Now 2 players are asking for the firmware update and I can't update them :(.
The players are asking for update because someone published a presentation to them using new BrightAuthor version and forgot to include a firmware update during the publish.
If the diagnostic web server is enabled on the player, you can access it from a web browser using the IP address of the player (you should be on the same LAN), navigate to SD tab, upload firmware file to the root of SD card, and then reboot the player.
If the diagnostic web server isn't enabled, you have to remove SD card from the player and copy firmware file there.
Firmware can be downloaded from http://www.brightsign.biz/downloads/legacy/
Is it possible to update the firmware version from my BrightSignNetwork account?
Example, by going to the Group page then properties>General Tab>Scheduled firmware upgrade then select and updated firmware version from the drop down menu?
+++ on the ability to update via BSN.
The option is there, but it doesn't seem to do it on its own.
Is there a trick to this? When will it look for and install new updates?
How can we download the last firmware for BrightSign HD210?
Besides, can we use synchronice event to synchronize video on some BrightSigns HD210?
XT243 firmware 6.1 to firmware 7.0.60. How long does the firmware update from .bsfw on a card take? Are flashing Err and Pwr buttons proper LED output during update?
In BA:Connected while publishing it says minimum firmware required is 9., but the latest update I can find is 8.5, I have an XT1144.