Last Updated: October 27, 2015
If you're getting a blank screen after you publish your presentation and start up the player, you're most likely experiencing a problem either with your content or with the video resolution that the published project is set to.
- Check the Screen resolution of your project in File > Presentation Properties > Main. Some resolutions only work over HDMI or over VGA. If, for example, you set the resolution to 1920x1080, but your player is connected using VGA, you will not see anything on the display.
- Determine whether the Force Resolution option is enabled in File > Presentation Properties > Main (in BrightAuthor 4.3 and later). When the Force Resolution option is enabled, the display will be blank if it doesn't support the specified Screen resolution. When this option is disabled, the player will negotiate with the monitor to find a supported video mode if the monitor doesn't support the specified Screen resolution.
- Check if the red error light is blinking. If it is, count the number of times it flashes. If the red error light flashes 10 times with your published project, it normally means that the published project tried to do something that the player doesn't support. See this FAQ for a full description of error light codes.
- Determine if your project requires an Internet connection. For example, if you publish a project that only displays an RSS feed, MRSS feed, or Signchannel, and the unit is unable to connect to the Internet, then the screen will be blank.
- If you are testing a synchronization or BrightWall project, and the master unit does not have an Ethernet link, it may fail to start playback. Verify that the master unit is connected via Ethernet and has a network connection. If you need to test the project without an Ethernet connection, publish a new copy without synchronization.