Important: BrightPlates is End-of-Life as of Jun 9, 2022.
If you're encountering an unspecified error when uploading a template from a Mac, the cause may be the contents of the _MACOSX folder in one or more directories in the .zip file.
The _MACOSX folder is common to many file locations on Macs, but since this folder contains system and application information, it doesn't show up in the Finder. BrightPlates does not use any assets from the _MACOSX folder, but, depending on the application used to author the template, the _MACOSX folder can contain files that BrightPlates cannot parse.
To work around this problem, you'll need to archive (zip) the templates files without the _MACOSX folder(s). This is currently not possible with the default archiving application in Finder, so you'll need to download and use a third-party archiving application. The instructions below use Kefka for archiving.
- Open Keka from the Launchpad or from Spotlight Search.
- Press ⌘, to access Preferences.
- Select the Compression tab.
- Check the Exclude Max OS X resource forks (ex: .DS_Store) box.
- Select the General tab.
- Click Set Keka as default compressor/uncompressor.
- Re-archive the template files/folders and attempt to re-upload them.