1. Create a fullscreen presentation.
2. In Layout > Navigator click Add Zone. Resize the zone and rename it to "EventHandler."
3. Under Zone Properties > Type set the zone to an Audio zone.
4. Double-click the zone playlist to edit the Audio zone.
5. Switch Interactive on, located the top right corner of the Content tab of the presentation.
6. Navigate to Widgets and drag and drop the Event Handler widget to the playlist area.
7. Under Events drag and drop the UDP event onto the Event Handler state in the playlist area.
8. In Event Properties > Specify UDP Input enter the input into the field that the BrightSign player will be listening for (i.e. “AMX_Command1").
9. Navigate to the Advanced tab and click the Add Command button.
10. Select the type of serial command that you would like to send once the specified UDP input message is received (Serial-send string with EOL, Serial-send string without EOL, or Serial send byte). Enter the serial command string/value. Click Close when finished.
11. Configure the serial port setting by navigating to Presentation Settings > Interactive > Serial. The serial settings from this panel must match the serial settings of the device you would like the player to communicate with (i.e. Baud rate, Data bits, Parity, Stop bits, Protocol, Send EOL, Receive EOL). The 3.5mm serial connector on the player is referred to as "Port 0".
12. Navigate to Presentation Setting > Interactive > Networking and ensure the UDP Destination Port and UDP Receiver Port to the same value as on your AMX controller (or other UDP application).
Note: Both the UDP Destination Port and UDP Receiver Port should be set to the same value.