The Live Text state allows you to overlay dynamic or static text over an image (or over a video if the state is left transparent). You can add Live Text states to any Video Only or Video or Image zone (as long as the zone is interactive).
Note: Live Text states aren't available in Ticker zones.
- Create a BrightAuthor:connected project with at least one Video Only or Video or Images zone.
- Verify that the zone is set to interactive.
- Click on Widgets.
- Drag and drop the Live Text icon onto the playlist.
- In State Properties enter a Name for the Live Text state.
- Double-click the state to edit it.
- Select a Background Image if desired. If you do not specify a background image, the text may display on top of a video, an image in a Background Images zone, or the background color of the presentation (depending on the layering of other zones in the presentation).
- Add one or more Live Text items (fields) and adjust the settings for those fields.
Note: A newly added text field will have the same properties as the currently selected text field. Also, you can use the Offset next option to add fields using an X, Y offset. This makes it easy to line up and space fields consistently.
See the Live Text documentation to learn about all of the options in a Live Text state.