Updated: April 14, 2016
The "rotateplus" plugin has two features: Image/Video Rotation and Video Seek. BrightAuthor versions 4.3.0.x and later support presentation rotation natively, but only for 90-degree clockwise (i.e. portrait mode) orientation. Use the rotation features of this plugin in a Landscape presentation if you need need to rotate elements using another orientation.
Adding the plugin to your presentation
- Navigate to File > Presentation Properties > Autorun.
- Click Add Script Plugin.
- Locate and select the "rotateplus" .brs script downloaded from this FAQ.
- Ensure the plugin Name is specified as "custom".
The attached "addplugin" video shows how to add a generic plugin and send a plugin command. The second video, "rotate1video", shows how to use an event handler to send the rotate command before your video plays.
- Rotation is supported for images and videos.
- Rotation is only supported on the HDx22, ,XDx30, XDx32, and 4Kx42 models. The HD220/1020 series and LS422 players do not support rotation.
- Rotation is only supported using progressive output, so you can use 1920x1080x60p, but not 1920x1080x60i.
- You can't rotate if you're outputting 4K.
- Rotation takes effect when the image or video playback starts, so the rotation needs to be applied before entering the video state.
- Be sure the presentation is created for Landscape orientation, not Portrait. Clock and Ticker zones can be rotated in the Zone Properties. Text in Live Text states can be rotated by setting the Text Parameters for the text item.
You can send the rotate command using either UDP or the Send -- Plugin Message command. Since the plugin supports plugin messages, you can attach the Send -- Plugin Message command to any file or event in your BrightAuthor project.
To trigger a rotation, the Plugin Message or UDP command must be formatted as follows:
- rotate!r90 -- Rotates video/images 90 degrees.
- rotate!main!r90 - Rotates the video zone named "main" 90 degrees.
- norot -- no rotation
- r90 -- 90 degree clockwise rotation
- r180 -- 180 degree rotation
- r270 -- 270 degree clockwise (90 degree anticlockwise) rotation
- mirror -- horizontal mirror
- m90 -- mirror and 90 degree clockwise rotation
- m180 -- mirror and 180 degree rotation (a vertical reflection)
- m270 -- mirror and 270 degree rotation (a transpose).
To trigger a seek, the Plugin Message or UDP command must be formatted as follows:
zone_name: The name of the Video Only or Video or Images zone containing the video you wish to perform seek on.
video_position: The position (in milliseconds) to seek to in the current video. The seek will not occur if the position is past the end of the video file.
- seek!5000 - Jumps to the 5000 millisecond position in the video.
- seek!mainzone!5000 - Jumps to 5000 milliseconds position in video in zone named "mainzone"
The "ticker" command lets you create a scrolling ticker. This feature is supported natively in BrightAuthor versions 4.1.1.x and later. The plugin has both an add string mode and an add file mode. The two can’t be mixed.
- Ticker!scroll – Creates a new scrolling ticker that’s hidden. This uses the plugin default dimensions.
- Ticker!show – Shows the ticker zone.
- Ticker!hide – Hides the ticker zone.
- Ticker!solid – Makes the ticker background solid black.
- Ticker!transparent – Makes the background for the ticker zone disappear.
- Ticker!scroll!x!y!width!height -- Creates a ticker with at coordinates "x" and y", with "width" and "height" dimensions. You cannot create a ticker that’s less than 20 pixels wide, and less than 20 pixels tall.
Note: There’s no support for changing text or background color currently.
Adding and Removing Text Strings
These commands assume the initial ticker!scroll command has been called:
1a. Ticker!Place your string here
1b. Ticker!Add!Your string here
Adds a string to your ticker as long as your aren’t in file mode. Each time you call it, it adds a string to the end.
2. Ticker!Replace!Your string here
Adds the latest string to the end, and removes the first string in the queue. So, if you have 5 strings scrolling, and call the replace command it bumps the oldest string and adds your newest string.
Removes all strings from the ticker.
Adds the specified .txt file to the ticker (miscellaneous files can be added to a presentation using the File > Presentation Properties > Files tab). Since you can’t mix adding files and adding individual strings, the ticker zone is reset before the file is added. Once you add a text file, you can’t add individual strings again unless you call ticker!scroll to recreate the tickerzone.
Adding the plugin
Adding a Send -- Plugin Message command